Thursday, June 17, 2010

Glass Baby Bottles

Ok, so here is another thing I didn't think I would ever do! I have been reading safemama.com's website for awhile now, looking at her great cheat sheets of safest sunscreens etc. I thought originally since my bottles were BPA Free that we were fine and we probably were BUT...
We was our bottles on super sterilization mode daily in the dishwasher. When you heat plastic it leaches chemicals and starts to break down. After 4 months of heavy use our bottles are starting to show some wear.  I was looking at safe mama's cheat sheet for dishes and sippy cups for the future and thought to myself I should really switch to glass! I already had 2 glass bottles and found 10 more on Craig's list for $8! Our silicone nipples and rings from our medela bottles fit them perfectly. They are super sturdy and thick. Dishwash so nicely!
Thank You Safemama.com!
SafeMama.com!
Every mom should check it out! Who know that baby food in glass jars even organic has BPA in the lid lining or that many juice boxes are over the legal limit for lead!!!
I know, I know sometimes it feels like our job these days is protecting our children from all these hazards and it can admittedly feel overwhelming! We can only do our best each day, vote with our dollars, and make the best decisions we can for our family... even if it means changing our minds or opinions like I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment