Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gripe Water?

Many people wonder if giving their child gripe water will help their baby with reflux. The answer really isn't straight forward. I know for us we used it before Finn got prescription medications to control his acid and we still use it when he seems to be having a flare up. I like to think of it as a baby antacid. It works especially good when he gets these awful and severe hiccups. It seems to help ease what I am guessing is a burning sensation in his throat.
We have tried only one brand of gripe water called Colic-ease. It has all kinds of oils like fennel seed, and cinnamon bark. It smells kind of bad but he seems to love it. We give it to him in a little medicine cup that has a nipple on it and he sucks it down. Yum! Yum! I say its worth a try, it does seem to relieve some of his pain so for that I think it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment